Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Square for Church Quilt

An ambitious lady from our church, not me, decided that we needed a quilt to hang in our fellowship hall.    She found a beautiful pattern with different blocks that are based on Bible verses.  Being a quilter, I was roped in, I mean I volunteered to do a square.  I tried to get an easy one, but it was gently wrestled from my fingers and I ended up with the trumpet square instead.  After all, I am supposed to be am experienced quilter - which is a matter of opinion.  Here are my directions:
33 pieces in all

 Here are the pieces (they were already cut), but I had to sort and figure out the colors.  Luckily they gave us a fabric color chart - very helpful!
Trumpets emerge out of chaos and confusion
"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed – in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.  For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed."  1 Corinthians 15:51 NIV





5 comments:

  1. Well done! It had to have been a puzzle if it came to you precut and unlabeled! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's how it came - precut but not labeled. It was like a little mystery quilt.

      Delete
  2. Gladys you did wonderful work. Don't you just love it when you have to figure it out before you can start sewing? I am sure that 1/4" seam allowance helped! lol
    Hope to see you on Thursday, the air conditioning will be ON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to be there tomorrow. You are right the exact 1/4 inch came in handy! ☺

      Delete