Monday, January 9, 2017

Looking Back at 2016 Sew Deja Vu Retreat

Sorry, I have been a slacker blogger lately!  I do have an excuse, which I will soon reveal.

 But now, on a cold January day, I am looking back at the Sew Deja Vu Retreat that was held at the Bertram Inn in Aurora on a sunny October day.   Judy, the shop owner of Sew Deja Vu in Stow was our queen for a day.  Those luggage racks have a multitude of uses.
Judy always adds a touch of excitement and fun to her retreats.  We had sew much fun.  Judy also showed off a lovely quilt that she made for her daughter.  See Below -

Jen brought her T-Quilt to show and then finished a new quilt that she designed.  I'm so in awe of her creativity!
T-Quilt
Quilt designed by Jen.  Awesome!
There were so many other breathtaking projects in progress and I will share some of them now.
Sister Charlotte added bright red colors and her dash of humor.  It's always a blessing to be at a retreat with Sister Charlotte!  Yes, those are real scissors hanging from her ears.  








Creativity is never neat!  


Felice as working on a large and small tumbler quilt although she specializes in felted wool.
Check out Felice's Blog at:
http://felicequiltdesigns.blogspot.com/
Thank you for putting up with my recent lack of communication.  I will try to do better in the new year.  Meanwhile I can't leave without a quote.

"For a true writer, each book should be a new beginning where he tries again for something that is beyond attainment. He should always try for something that has never been done or that others have tried and failed. Then sometimes, with great luck, he will succeed."
~ Earnest Hemingway
Read more at: Brainy Quote


No comments:

Post a Comment