Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mrs. Miller's Cabin 2014

Sadly, I have been neglecting my blog this past month.  I don't have any real excuses, just taking some down time during the holidays.  I really do enjoy writing in my blog and connecting with other bloggers, so I promise to do better in the New Year.

LOOKING BACK:

Retreat at Mrs. Miller's Cabin in November

In November, 2014, we had our retreat at Mrs. Miller's Cabin and Miss Carol blogged about that on her blog, Sweet Peas and Possum.  Check out the link for more details.  Here are a few picture memories to go along with Carol's blog:

There was snow in November, but it was gone by December. 




My retreat project:  Snowball Snowman Quilt and Backing 

Saying goodbye to 2014

We all tend to get a bit nostalgic at this time of year and look back at 2014 and wonder, first of all, why it went so fast, and second of all what did we accomplish.  I had set some quilting goals at the beginning of the year, so I looked back at that blog to see how I did.  CLICK HERE TO SEE THAT POST.  I'm pleased to report that I did finish "five" out of ten of the quilts that I planned.  I could say six if I count the last one which was "my choice."

#6 Black and White Jelly Roll Quilt
#1 Maple Leaf Log Cabin Wedding Quilt
#2 Nursery Rhyme Time Quilt
#4 Pokey Little Puppy Quilt

#7 Enders and Leaders Scrappy Quilt

I'm going to count the "Snowman Snowball Quilt" as the sixth one.  That gives me a 60% success rate for my quilting goals that I set last January.  Not too bad for a slow quilter like me.  I did have the best time quilting and gabbing with all my QBee friends.  That is really an important part of quilting, the camaraderie and the collaboration.

My New Year's Resolution for tonight is to enjoy the rest of the year and start fresh in 2015.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so good. Nursery Rhymes
    are very interesting for kids,and our Nursery Rhymes
    channel is so nice for kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you enjoyed the nursery rhyme quilt. I will check out your blog.

      Delete