Friday, May 2, 2014

Ricky Tims AQS Show in Paducah

Our fun trip to Paducah continued last Friday, April 25, when Country Heritage Tours provided tickets for us to see Ricky Tims at the AQS Show.  I had no idea what to expect.  I knew Ricky Tims was a quilter and teacher, but that was all I knew about him.  What would he do for a show?  What could he do?  Talk about quilting? Show quilts?  Teach techniques?  It was a mystery to me.

The evening began as we entered the building and saw a banner displayed of all the Best of Show Winners in Paducah. Look at the size of that rotary cutter!!
Entrance to the show

Don't Let the Cowboy Hat Fool You:

The name of the show was "Don't Let the Cowboy Hat Fool You," but I still didn't know what to expect from that title.  On the stage was a grand piano and colourful backdrop, but no quilts.  
Anticipation!
We had great seats!  Front row first level up!  I'm short, so this was perfect.
The show opened with a big "Woo Hoo" from Tim, and we quickly learned that is how he communicates with his audience. We "Woo Hoo'd" right back and he encouraged lots of audience participation.  As it turned out, he is an accomplished piano player and story teller.  It was an awesome show!  His music made my heart sing and his stories about life and quilting made the audience laugh out loud.  It was a fun-filled night; everyone in our group agreed with that!

Ricky Tims Video

Here is a one minute sample of Ricky Tims playing the piano.  You can order his CDs from his Website at http://www.rickytims.com/online-store  I loved his music and plan to do just that.


At the end of the story telling and music, Tim did a "show and tell" of quilts.  Beautiful backdrop for any stage!!


Ricky points out his first quilt ever - a sampler quilt.  


How about this for show and tell!  

You may want to follow Ricky Tims on Facebook.  You will find amazing pictures on his Facebook page and much more.  If you ever have the opportunity to see him live, I suggest you go!  It's an experience that you won't forget!

Thank you, Ricky Tims, for an unforgettable night!!

2 comments:

  1. His name is familiar … but until your post, I also didn't know much about him! Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I am so jealous. Actually, green with envy! Glad you got to see him, I have another friend that took one of his workshops. I'm jealous of her too!

    ReplyDelete