Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Maple Leaf - Log Cabin Quilt - 007 Mystery Revealed

I have hinted in former posts that I was working on a secret 007 project and I'm happy to report that I did finish it - on time - and gifted it to a special couple, my great nephew Sean and his new wife Aubrey, for their wedding.  They both love the outdoors, hunting, fishing and horseback riding.  They were even married outside and the weather was superb!

This pattern is perfect for them.  A special quilt for a special couple.



Eva Birch from my Streetsboro Quilt Guild did the machine quilting for me and I love what she did to make the leaves pop!

If you are interested in making a similar quilt, the pattern can be found in Cookies and Quilts by Judy Martin.  In the book it is called "Fall Foliage Spectacular."
Now I am working on yet another 007.   !  

5 comments:

  1. Oh Gladys ... the quilt is absolutely lovely! What a fortunate couple to begin their marriage with that gift! I have always admired Judy Martin's designs too! Completely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed making this quilt and at first thought the leaf border was not going be the right size. Then I read the directions again, and wallah, it fit. Hope you and your family are doing well.

      Delete
  2. Lovely couple! And the quilt is gorgeous. Perfect for a fall wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful and I know they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a pattern for this anywhere? I love it

    ReplyDelete