Monday, March 12, 2012

More Flowers and Attic Windows


You must be saying, "Enough flowers already"!  Still I couldn't resist because they filled out so much more in the sunshine and a bee is busy gathering pollen - to bee or not to bee.  Can you find the bee above?  I think it's a honey bee and that is exciting because they have been scarce around here and I rarely see one, but to see one in March is a sign and wonder.  I hope a good sign.


"To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, And revery. The revery alone will do, If bees are few." ~ Emily Dickinson

Michelle made an attic window quilt using a jungle theme for another baby shower.  She found a satin binding in her stash. The weather was so nice, we hung it over the deck railing for display.  Very cute!  By the way, if you click on the picture it enlarges and you can see the pattern better.

For some unknown reason, I decided to make a scrappy windmill quilt . . . someday.  At the Farm Park Quilt Show in Geauga County, I invested in a new template.  Here is my first little 4 inch windmill square.  As you can tell, the first piece did not quite match up.   Lots of little pieces to cut, like the I-Spy quilt.  You would think I would learn not to do this to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment