Sunday, April 7, 2013

Atwood Lodge Quilt Retreat with Sew Deja vu

Arriving at Atwood Lake

A short one hour drive from Kent is the lovely Atwood Lake and Resort where I spent the weekend at a fabulous quilt retreat put on by our local quilt shop in Stow, Sew Deja vu.  Thank you, ladies from the vu, for picking out such a lovely place to sew, eat, sew, relax and sew some more.   My little red car found the way with a little help from our GPS.  Barbie, my friend since forever, was right behind me.  

This is a rather long post with lots of pictures;  if you are new to reading blogs, click on any picture to enlarge the photo.  Enjoy!


Room with the vu

We had the ballroom with the best view and we were with the vu.  How great is that!

Morning of the first day

By afternoon, the room is full of sewing machines and colourful fabric.  Let the fun begin!

Make new friends,  QBee's . . . 

























Keep the Old Friends, QBees . . . 

Retreat Projects:

Barbie's Strip Quilt




Fabric from Australia
Australian Design


Ben Ten Quilt - Every Quilt has a Story

Ben Ten Backing

Sister Charlotte

Our retreat would not have been complete without the added humour and blessings from Sister Charlotte.  Her quilt became a coat of many colours and we all requested the pattern!

Happy Endings:

I am so thankful to Sew Deja vu for the time and energy spent to make this retreat the very best!  Thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet new friends while we expand our art of quilting.   
"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams." ~ Ashley Smith

8 comments:

  1. OMGosh Good Golly Gladys! What an inspiring post! I loved seeing everyone and pictures of the projects! Looks like everyone had a terrific retreat! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all those amazing quilts and it looks like it was good fun was had by everyone.

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gladys how I wish I'd been able to join you. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing all the pictures & projects. Sounds like you all had a nice time!
    I hope I can make it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a great time! The quilts are beautiful - might inspire me to finally finish the one I started more than 20 years ago!!
    I missed water aerobics Monday b/c I had a meeting. Hope to see you Wednesday!
    Jen #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my mother in the photos. Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm not sure which lovely lady is your mother, but every single quilter at the retreat was super nice. Quilters are the best, and we had an awesome weekend!

      Delete
  6. Hi everybody! Looks like you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, We did have a fun weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete