Friday, April 26, 2013

Vermont Quilt Festival - Von Trapp Family Lodge

Buckeye Tours: Sorry!  This trip was cancelled! 

I received a letter from Buckeye Tours that this trip was cancelled for lack of interest.  I'm disappointed, but there will be others!

Looking for a great tour that includes quilts?  From Tuesday, June 25 to Sunday, June 30, Buckeye Tours out of Cambridge is offering a trip Vermont. 

A highlight of the trip is a two night stay at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont.  You will also be spending one day at the Vermont Quilt Festival - Woohoo!  I was there a couple of years ago and have to say it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.  There are lots of vendors and many amazing quilts on display.

In the past, I travelled to with Buckeye Tours and that the tour director and bus driver were top notch. The tour company is also easy to contact since you actually get to speak to a "live" person when you call:  

Barbie enjoying the view at the Trapp Family Lodge - two years ago

Here is the website for the Trapp Family Lodge.  In case you are not familiar with this Lodge, it is "Situated on 2,500 acres in beautiful Stowe, Vermont, the Trapp Family Lodge is a mountain resort in the European tradition by the Von Trapp family that inspired “The Sound of Music."  Barbie and I were there a couple of years ago.  

View from our room at the Trapp Family Lodge - two years ago

The Vermont Quilt Festival

"Grandmother's Fowl Garden" quilt -  Look at all those Hexies!


 I'm shamelessly promoting this tour because 1) we signed up for it, but need more travelers to make it a go.  2) The Trapp Family Lodge and the Vermont Quilt Festival are both exciting destinations.  I really want to visit them again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I sew wish I could join you! It looks and sounds amazing! Convince those QBees that quilt with you at Carols to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I haven't already been traveling cross country on several occasions, I would love to go too! I know you'll take lots of pictures. Maybe when I retire I can go :)

    ReplyDelete