Monday, July 9, 2012

Quilt Delivery Day

My grandson Nick and his Walk in the Woods Quilt

 The quilts I have been working on this spring have been delivered.  In my former posts you saw this quilt top hanging on the clothesline and in the post about my first attempt at using a long-arm quilter - "Driving a Long-arm."  It is true that every quilt has a little story behind it.  This kit was purchased at the Vermont Quilt Show and finished two years later.  Nick likes the outdoors and fishing, so the bears, moose, fish and trees in the quilt were perfect.  Also, he did find his name that I wrote in the quilt with the long-arm and then lost

The prayer quilt was knotted and then delivered to my friend Cheryl who is currently fighting cancer.  Good timing since she will be starting a new round of chemo soon.  She is sad and upset because she does not want to lose her hair again.  She is a fighter though and prayers will help.  Please say a prayer for Cheryl.

Cheryl
May God heal your body and soul.
May your pain cease,
May your strength increase,
May your fears be released,
May blessings, love, and joy surround you.
Amen.
  

2 comments:

  1. I love how you quilt with your heart! And I have added your friend to my prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladys does quilt with her whole heart. I will put Cheryl on our prayer list too. Will I see you on Thrusday? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete