Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kent Haymaker Farmers' Market Mural Update


Last Saturday at the  market, I was amazed at the progress on the mural being done by the artist, Elaine Hullihen.  It's so much fun to see what has been added each week.  To get some perspective on size, look at Zoe in front of the giant ear of corn.
Now that is an ear of corn!

Sunflowers growing from stone
One of my favorite local musicians was performing at the market, Kathy Johnson.  I own her CD called Small Town Girl, and play it over and over - it is just wonderful.  She writes some really fun, original music like "Nancy Drew" and "Well-Tanned, Hairy-Chested, Bare-armed Men."  She sang those for us on Saturday, and we purchased her Christmas CD, Home For the Holidays.  The title song is an original that Kathy wrote.  She is a wonderful singer and I really enjoy her original lyrics and style.  Here is her Website if you are interested in learning more about her and listening to a sample of her music.  I would highly recommend her CD's.  http://www.kathysongs.com/
I love the jars of honey and jam!


I know that the artist is trying to get this mural finished before winter.  I hope the weather cooperates.  However, this weekend the weatherman did add in that four letter word that begins with S.  We are in for the 30's by Saturday night.    


I can't wait to see the man with the hat when it is done!









1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to make a manmade landscape lovely! Tell Zoe that Flicka says Hi!

    ReplyDelete