Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cuppa Coffee Wall Hanging

This Christmas my sister-in-law Michelle took time from her busy schedule to design and quilt a lovely coffee cup wall hanging just for me - smile, smile.  We have shared so much laughter and many family stories over a cuppa coffee; the wall hanging reminds me of our friendship.  It's so lovely and fits perfectly in my kitchen.  See what you think . . . 

Michelle also gave me the fancy rod for hanging 




The quilting looks like the cream swirling in the coffee right before it is stirred.  

Thank you so much, Michelle!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you, as a quilter, receive a quilted project? It looks lovely hanging in your kitchen! As always, Michelle did a great job. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! She was making a coffee wall hanging for her daughter and I kept "whining" about how nice it would look in my kitchen. I really didn't expect to get one, but I guess it pays to whine. Mine is entirely different from her daughter's, but they are both lovely. Michelle does do nice work.

      Delete