Friday, November 14, 2014

Black and White Jelly Roll Quilt - DONE

It's such a satisfying feeling to finally get a UFO Quilt finished, especially when it is designed with someone special in mind.  Last year in November at Mrs. Miller's Cabin, I started a Jelly Roll Quilt for my dear, old friend Jan.  Well she is not really old since she is my age, so let's rephrase that to "life-long friend" since high school.

Here is the beginning of the jelly roll quilt - That's it on the floor!  It doesn't look like much yet.


Speaking of beginnings, here is a picture of Jan and me when we graduated from good old Bedford High School.  Yes, that is the same high school that Halle Berry graduated from.  I had to dig into the archives for this picture - by the way, it's amazing, but we look exactly the same!

A year flies by, and I finally finish the quilt.  My tall son Adam held it up for a picture and I  packed it up and shipped it off to Florida where Jan is now living - lucky girl!
Here it is in Florida.  Jan said that she and Gypsy both love the quilt.  I think the quilt is perfect for Gypsy and Jan!

"You can always tell when two people are best friends because they are having more fun than it makes sense for them to be having." ~Author Unknown



1 comment: