Friday, February 6, 2015

Six More Weeks of Quilting


The sun was shining today so I went outside, saw my shadow and headed back down the basement for six more weeks of winter quilting.

I have not been quilting so much, but I've been sorting and organizing material.  It warmed me right up to iron all that material.  New storage bins inspire me, so I bought some color coded bins and filled them with that specific color or something close. How satisfying to see the material folded and put in a bin where I could find it more again easily.    



I discovered that I don't have much red or white material.  I then counted and found that I have almost 100 fat quarters, including the Christmas fat quarters.  I have to say that I have neglected my stash collection far too long and now I am getting ready for my six more weeks of quilting.

I even started reading the bias edges as I ironed.  
I forgot that I bought this panel.  I love the covered bridges.



This was a piece left over from a quilt for my granddaughter.  Sorting material takes you down memory lane.

This bias edge kind of describes how I am feeling right now.  Trying to get through the rest of the winter on a "Wing and a Prayer."  

Not done yet! 

2 comments:

  1. It is sew inspiring to spend time going through your stash ... you'll be creating amazing quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the snow you have! Wish we had more. It looks like you have made tremendous progress. It is supposed to be in the high 40's tomorrow. Heat Wave. I think I'll take advantage and go for my long run....let's say 9 miles!

    ReplyDelete