Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Update On Bookclub

In a former post, I wrote about joining the Kent Free Library Book Club and talked about reading The Monuments Men for the month of April.  Click Here to visit that Post.  At our last meeting, we discussed that historical book and shared our different perspectives.  That is the great part about a book club, the discussions.  If you are interested in WWII history and learning more about how these men worked tirelessly to save European art and other cultural objects, I would highly recommend it.

Our next novel for May was a switch from the historical non-fiction.  It is a debut fiction novel; Everything I Never Told You by Celeste NG (pronounced ing).  The novel is about a Chinese American family living in a small town in Ohio in the 1970s.  I won't tell anymore about the plot, but the writing is exceptionally good and I couldn't put the book down.  It's always a treat to find a book like this to enjoy!  

The author, Celeste NG, will be speaking about her new book Everything I Never Told You at the Hudson Public Library on Wednesday evening, June 3, at 7:00 p.m.  You have to register by phone or email to attend the event.  Click here for the Hudson Library Link!  I am planning to attend this book talk, so I hope to see you there!

We are finally enjoying spring in Ohio and I recently took these pictures at Northlawn Memorial Gardens in Peninsula, Ohio.  The trees reflected in the lake looked just like a painting and the colors could inspire you to design a new spring quilt.  


Happy Spring Quilting to all my fellow bloggers!



1 comment:

  1. Your spring photos are beautiful! And I am in the market for a good read ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete