Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Suits Me To a T Quilt Retreat 2016

I can't even begin to express how much fun I had this weekend at the Suits Me To A T Retreat in Berlin, Ohio at Zincks Inn.  It was such an awesome retreat and my Q-Bees and I had sew much fun.  There was plenty of good food and lots of projects to show and share.  That is the best part of quilting for me, being with other quilters and sharing the creativity.  Of course I like the "Gabbing" part too.  

Below is a sampling of quilts.  I could not cover all the wonderful quilting projects; but they were all inspiring. First off, some samples of the quilt we learned to create at the retreat - The T Quilt: 







Jen surrounded by T Quilts and star quilts!

Barb finished a lovely batik table runner!




My work station and new "ironing pad"!  Love it!

Monica working on gifts for a new Grandson!

An Amazing Hexie Project!


More color ways for the T Quilt.  

Multiple Madness coming to town! 
Barbie's fun strip quilt for a neighbor.
All the quilters worked hard on their projects but had fun at the same time.  When people find out that I am a quilter, they often say they would love to quilt but it is too much work and they could never do that; or they don't have the patience to learn something new.  Still, it is so satisfying to work hard and have a beautiful finished project.  It's so worth the effort!  

"There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something."  ~ Henry Ford


"Once you start working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it.  People who work sincerely are the happiest."  ~ Chanakya




1 comment: