Thursday, June 4, 2015

Meeting the Author - Celeste Ng

In May I blogged about our book club reading the novel Everything I Never Told You written by Celeste Ng.  It was a page turner that I could not put down.  CLICK HERE TO REVISIT THAT POST.  When I found out that the author was speaking at the Hudson Public Library on June 3rd, I had to attend, and I'm so glad that I did!

It was a perfect summer evening for my very first visit to the stately Hudson Library.  Celeste Ng was an excellent speaker and very accomplished young lady.  She read parts of her book and added background details about how she became a writer and how she developed the characters in her book.  Fortunately, she is in the process of writing her second novel.  I can't wait to read it!

After the talk, I met Celeste Ng to get her book signed.  Everything I Never Told You just came out in paperback.
First line of the book Everything I Never Told You:

"Lydia is dead.  But they don't know this yet.  1977, May 3, six thirty in the morning,  no one knows anything but this innocuous fact: Lydia is late for breakfast."



No comments:

Post a Comment