Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nick's Quilt

Getting my grading finished for the end of the school year is seriously cutting into my blogging time.  Soon summer will be here and I'll have more time to quilt and blog, or get more into the famous dilly-dally lifestyle. I'm looking forward to that.  I finally sewed the label on Nick's Walk in the Woods quilt.  It's the first picture/picture label I ever did for a quilt and I'm very pleased with the results.  The picture is of Nick and me at Grandparent's Day in Nick's school.  He has been on the honor roll all year and earned straight A's on his last grade card.  The quilt is going to be his present for all his hard work in fourth grade.  
So pleased with the polka dot binding.   This was a fun quilt to make.
True story - I wrote Nick's name onto the quilt when I quilted it on the long arm machine, but now I can't find it.  I found it once, lost it and can't find it again.  I'll keep looking.

"A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world."
~ Leo Buscaglia
Peace!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that you were a teacher as well! Yes...grading has really has really cut into my dillydallying as well! Congrats on the quilt and to your grandson! Soon we will be full-time dillydalliers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I'm a 9th grade English teacher online. It's an interesting profession. I work for ECOT, Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow and we have around 14,000 students in the state of Ohio. This is my 6th year and even I am surprised at how the school is succeeding.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful binding on the quilt! Can you open it up for a larger picture? And your Peace rose is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go back to my April posts, there is one that says "A Walk in the Woods" and you will see the completed quilt top on my clothesline. Then under the post "Driving a Long Arm" you will see me trying to quilt it. It was fun to make! I got the kit at the Vermont Quilt Show a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy the school year is over. You really need to come and spend time with me and Barb! I am looking forward to the 16th so we can all dilly-dally together. Mrs. Dilly-Dally has no idea what she has started :)
    Give my congratulations to Nick for a school year well done! Oh, just plant a big ole' kiss on him! This quilt/label will be something Nick will always remember. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete